How does eManifest affect your shipment?
Should Canadian customs determine your shipment to represent a risk, you may assume that your shipment will not be loaded at the port/airport of departure or that it will be subject to a costly and time intensive customs inspection in Canada.
Data to be provided to DACHSER
Freight forwarders such as DACHSER must respect the ACI/eManifest deadline of 24 hours prior to loading for ocean freight and four hours prior to arrival for air freight shipments.
In order to be able to carry out the eManifest or ACI filing prior to the prescribed deadlines, please kindly ensure that you provide DACHSER with the requested data within the deadlines given to you by your DACHSER branch office.
- Shipper (name, address, city, ZIP code, country)
- Consignee (name, address, city, ZIP code, country)
- Notify (name, address, city, ZIP code, country)
- Delivery Address (name, address, city, ZIP code, country)
- Exact Description of Goods (vague descriptions of goods are not acceptable)
- HTS-Code (six digits)
- Number of Packages (SLAC: Number and type of packages based on the smallest external packaging unit. Pallet is not an acceptable type of packing for the purpose of filing ACI/eManifest.)
- Gross Weight (in kgs)
- Container Information (container size, container number, seal number (only FCL))
- Dangerous Goods Information (UN No., contact name, contact phone)
In order to comply with the new legal requirements, DACHSER has invested in existing software systems and personnel. The costs for adjusting our software systems, the increased liability as well as the clearly more complicated handling, force us to charge an ACI or eManifest fee per House B/L / House AWB for sea and air freight shipments to Canada. This fee will be charged to the contractual party paying for the sea freight or air freight costs of delivery. Please take notice that a fee may also apply if the final destination of the cargo is located outside Canadian territory.
In case you need further information in relation to this topic please do not hesitate to contact your local DACHSER branch office.