With DACHSER Rail Service, we offer a time- and cost-optimized alternative to air and sea freight. DACHSER Rail Services not only provides a reliable rail link between China’s main economic regions and Europe but also serves both routes with a high frequency of departures from over 30 European and Chinese cities. The “New Silk Road” and the “Trans-Siberian Route” thus connect the economic regions of China and Europe.
Customers can order both groupage (LCL) and full container (FCL) transports. The respective routes for goods transport are via Zabaikalsk/Manzhouli in Russia, Dostyk/Alashankou in Kazakhstan, Erlian in Mongolia, Brest/Malaszewicze in Belarus, and Chop in Ukraine. The connection to DACHSER’s European network enables door-to-door service in collection and delivery. The DACHSER Rail Service Network is also an economically viable solution for your exports and imports to and from China.
Since the train journey along the Silk Road usually takes 16 to 22 days, it closes a gap between the ocean route, which takes up to 36 days, and much faster but more expensive air freight.
- Time- and cost-optimized connection of important economic areas in China and Europe
- Cost-saving alternative to air freight in time-critical situations
- Up to two weeks shorter transit time compared to ocean freight
- Railway terminal in the hinterland instead of overland transport from/to the seaport
- Optimized supply chain due to high departure density several times per week
- Reduced carbon footprint: up to 90% less CO2 emissions compared to air freight
- Exclusive Rail Service desks in Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hamburg for competent processing of your bookings
For your tailor-made solution and custom offer, get in touch with your local DACHSER contact person.